Not totally sure where to even begin.
Let’s talk first about how amazing my friend Joe is though and how he was a major rockstar and took me to the airport at 4:30 in the am on Saturday so I could make my flight. Thanks Joe, you are kind of the best ever! That being said, I was up at 3:30 am for said flight getting all the last minute items together so I could be off and running. I arrived at the airport and went through check-in and security with no issue (not that I thought that there really would be at 5:00 am) and then proceeded onto my gate. Along the way, I noticed some giant line of people (longer than security actually) and realized that they were waiting for Dunks. Dunks was roped off and apparently feeling like they didn’t need to actually open. It was crazy – I mean, come on Dunks, let the masses have their medium regulahs please!
Because truly, a laundry list of fun is about all I can handle right now, here goes, in no particular order : (oh yes, thank you to all of you who made suggestions!)
- Started and finished Fifty Shades of Grey – eh. Disappointed. But, some guy next to me on the plane made a point to talk to me about it…’so umm, what do you think of that book…’ ‘well sir, I would prefer not to get into this conversation with you going on 2 hours of sleep first thing in the morning to be perfectly honest…’
- Worked on the tan. By the pool. All three mornings.
- Made the bad decision to drink Four Loko. WORST decision.
- Played beer pong. With Rich, Eddie, Chris, and Greg from Jersey and Long Beach.
- Drank a lot of 3 for 1’s.
- Jello shots. Yep. That happened. Several times.
- Met an up and coming rapper. By rapper, I mean he lays down the beats – according to his friend that is.
- Tube shots. Yep. Those happened too.
- Beignets and coffee. Cafe Du Monde.
- Shrimp Po’Boy that really was more just like a pickle, tomato and mayo sandwich since I deconstructed it. Sad not so sober moment. BUT, it was good.
- Live music.
- Dance, dance, dance, dance.
- Steamboat River Cruise and dinner.
- Gold glitter heels. Gotta find a way to make those more comfortable.
- History lesson from my cab driver.
- Beers by the pool at 10:30 in the morning.
- Stumbled through Bourbon St.
- Had beads thrown at me.
- Had daiquiris on the street.
- Had beers on the street.
- Heard ‘When the Saints Go Marching In’, loved, loved it and totally teared up for some reason.
- Saw a lot of LSU gear which of course made me excited and yearn (that’s right, I said it!) for college football.
And, I feel like that’s a wrap! Yowza. That is a lot of stuff. All in all, I had a great time, I really did feel like I experienced most of everything that I needed to. Ate some amazing food, danced my ass off, drank a little bit, enjoyed the company I was with, and just loved getting out of town – especially since Beantown was raining all weekend.
Now, it is time for my 30th birthday plans to commence! Oh heeeey Puerto Rico! 😉